Email forwarding is a very useful tool for your business. This is a quick and straightforward method to automatically redirect all emails that are going to a particular mailbox. What is the process behind it, and how useful it may be we will see in today’s article.
What is email forwarding, and how does it work?
Many DNS providers offer email forwarding, which allows you to transfer traffic from one email address to another at the domain level (without the need for a particular software). Furthermore, it differs from an email user who forwards a message to another person or the email forwarding feature of Gmail and Outlook. If you are the domain name administrator, you can redirect incoming emails from one of the domain name’s email addresses to an individual email address. For example, you can forward any email to your Gmail, Hotmail, or other email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) using your personal mail address (email@example.com).
What are the benefits of using it?
There are many advantages to using this method, one of them are as follows:
- Merge email traffic from several inboxes into a single inbox. That way, you’ll have all of your emails in one location and be able to manage things more easily. It could be helpful if you have many businesses and want to access all of your emails in one place.
- There is no software associated with email forwarding. As a result, you can use the software you want without any issues. The email forwarding will continue to function.
- Redirect traffic from an email address on your domain that you don’t own to the one you do. Consider the following scenario: an employee has left the firm, but others are still attempting to contact them via email, and you don’t know the password. You can now divert traffic and get it in a different inbox.
- It’s beneficial if you want an email account with a public domain. Rather than using a shared email provider like Google’s Gmail, most business people use email accounts with their domain names. The goal is to project a professional image and earn their clients’ trust.
The difference between email forwarding addresses and regular email addresses
Because they are different services, their addresses are also separate.
- A traditional or regular email address has its own inbox, which you may use to send, receive, and read your messages. You can open your inbox through the web or with an email provider (like Gmail).
- Incoming messages are directly transferred to another email when you use a forwarding email address. So, you can access your email through the inbox of the other account.
To summarize, regular email provides a well-known inbox for sending, receiving, and other types of messages. So, the email forwarding does not work in this manner, nor does it save messages. Instead, it will automatically forward all mails from one address to another that you specify. Therefore, it is not possible to use the same email address for both services at the same time.
What is the best place to get email forwarding?
The majority of the time, the email forwarding is a paid service. Domain name hosting providers offer this service. That is, you should look into DNS service companies to see if they offer this feature. Often it’s part of their paid plans, and there are set quotas, but in rare cases, you can find limited email forwarding on free DNS plans.
We can infer that еmail forwarding is a very cost-effective alternative for your company’s success! In several cases, it is definitely an advantage to avoid losing contacts that mean money for your business. So why not give it a shot? Consider it the next step in your company’s strategy.